Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help deciding what screen size I should get?

Options
  • 15-12-2023 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi everyone, hope you are looking forward to having a great weekend.

I'm thinking perhaps in the new year of adding a screen to my Monster Tech MTS simrig.

I like what this guy has done with his screen setup however, I'm not a fan of ultra wide due to worries about the image being distorted at the edges and the lack of vertical field of view when compared to a flat screen which might be important when playing my favourite game which is Microsoft flight simulator.

An alternative way of mounting a screen to the desk although much more expensive. The screen can be mounted further forward if needed, although I worry about putting more weight on the horizonal arms.

I'm considering going for a LG C3 OLED TV as they appear to good specs and decent value at the moment.

Finally, to get to my question for PC gaming, should I go for a 42 in or 48? I'm looking for the most immersion which doesn't involve VR. I'm leaning towards the 42 because I want to use track IR and I figure the smaller screen. It will be easier to mount the tracking camera on top and have it at an angle where it can see the infrared lights on my headset.

At the moment power city has each of these C3 models with €100 there is roughly €100 in the price difference.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Post edited by Antipathetic on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Antipathetic

@Lunatic84 thank you I opted for the 48 I think I got a fairly good deal from Power city, although the delivery is taking slightly longer than expected, hopefully I should have it by next Friday at the latest.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Advertisement