Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murderbot TV-Series on AppleTV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Interesting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks! I was worried this was gong to be the ultimate zombie thread.

Downgraded now to almost ultimate zombie thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Don't know why, but I always pictured Murderbot as female. On reflection, there's no reason to have done so.

Following this news with interest, thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

There has been much made of that on reddit, surprise surprise. It should be female looking or non-binary, definitely non-white and godknowswhat, the usual 'obsession' I'd nearly call it. As if that was the most important thing about a work of fiction these days.

Me personally I cant say I have pictured it female. I have always pictured murderbot as an 'it' but with a fairly male/athletic physique; terrifying killing machine and all. One stern look and drunk miners back off no problem.

I think the books are fairly balanced with all the female, non-white, non-binary and whathaveyou characters. I think we can leave murderbot as an 'it' (trending towards male if anything). The casting seems to go in that direction too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Same Jaydog - always had it as androgynous leaning towards female. Could be as I read them originally after Ancillary Series (Beckie)

• Advertisement
Advertisement