Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wills , taxes for Irish resident formerly lived in USA

Options
  • 14-12-2023 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi 

I am enquiring advice on my uncle’s will , he lived in Ireland for last 20 odd. years but also lived in America for previous 20years and had a trust fund in USA which was left to a number of beneficiaries, plus. An American pension, the Irish estate was split between myself and other nieces and nephews however the solictor has said that because of this American asset , my uncle estate may have to pay tax on this undeclared American asset ,I believe both wills were separate and all USA taxes are up to date , also possibly pay back the pension received in Ireland which he received the minimum non -contributory , which will come out of the Irish estate , also need to employ an accountant to ensure taxes are correct.  

Any advice would be appreciated ?

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement