Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamin for Cough-Prone 7 Year Old

Options
  • 14-12-2023 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We have a 7 year old girl with slight asthma that she takes a Montekulust chewable tablet and Ventolin inhaler for. 99 percent of the time these are great and she has no issues however when she has a cough or flu we soon know about it with sleepless nights and exhaustion.

She is currently has been using a Wellkid Liquid Vitamin daily for the last two months but has had a few harsh episodes of coughing so we haven't been too impressed by this. She was previously using KinderImmun and we may look to return to that unless there are any other daily vitamins that boards could recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Stop. Give their room a serious mopping and dusting. Remove all clothes they don't use. Make sure their press is closed at night. Air out their room at least once a week(let the wind blow through for 20 mins)

They've little airwaves they're going to cough no matter what you do. Just keep the air fresh. If you notice they cough more in the morning that's air quality in the house not bugs.

You maybe get the flu every 20/30 years if you got it naturally once. It's not the flu. Something else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I would not think there is a multivit that would help the cough only thing I watch for with them is the ingredients.. The fake sugars and aspartame in them drive me mad..

Can she take Zirteck? There is a liquid version that you can give from 2 years up, have to say it makes a great difference if you give daily for kids who are very nasally or for coughs

Advertisement