Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Three Musketeers: Milady

Options
  • 13-12-2023 11:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Surprised not to see a thread for this. I immensely enjoyed part one and this is the finale. Trailer below:

Always nice to see a foreign film. I've had a bit of a treat with this and Godzilla Minus One. Thoroughly enjoyed both, I have to say.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyed the previous one. I could have sworn I saw this listed on the Movies at Swords website and then it disappeared. However, I see from the IFCO site the release date is 24/01.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ronanc1

Hmm strange one that, it was released over December. I seen it in Cineworld, definitely enjoyed the first and this one too, a good romp. The second seems to be listed everywhere online as the concluding piece of a diptych however, it does leave it feeling like you'd expect a part three from how it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

These two movies are fantastic. I love swashbucklers, even not so good ones, but these two are just great. The changes they made to the story are good because it allows for a few surprises but is still a faithful adaptation as it has the spirit of the story right.

I have Googled several times but can find no information on Part 3 - no filming date, nothing. It is very odd.

It isn’t just a “feeling” - there are several plot lines left hanging - not just the final scene so they clearly they intend to make part 3.

Pathe and Chapter 2 are making two spin off series with Disney+ - Milady Origins (which better have Eva Green playing the role) & Black Musketeer.

The filmmakers are involved in other big projects so I wonder if Part 3 is a few years off yet.

Or maybe it is necessary to see the two streaming shows first?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Looks like it's only two parts. Maybe they're baiting for a sequel?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, the Cineworld site says it was released on Dec 15. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just found this as I was searching for when this film would be released. Didn't realise I'd already missed it. It must not have been on in many cinemas.

Advertisement