Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery/Signal status for your phone contacts

Options
  • 13-12-2023 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be fierce handy if you are chatting to someone on Whatsapp or Telegram or any of those apps if you could see the person's battery status and signal strength?

For example if either were very poor I would not bother calling them than go through the "can you hear me now?" rigmarole and if their battery was very low I'd just send them all the info they might need to know in one go than have a long conversation.

There are some privacy implications, like some lad will be busted when he charges his phone at his affair partner's gaff when he claims to be out fishing. But that doesn't mean the feature would be completely useless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Just send them a quick message first

“Whts yr batt n sig?”

if they reply with two strong arm emojis 💪 💪 , you know you can call them to enter into the robust and in-depth conversation about the pertinent issue of the day you had planned.

if they reply with (x_x), you leave them alone.

Advertisement