Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of Man Jobs

Options
  • 13-12-2023 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi

I have a question. I was wondering what the employment situation is like on the Isle of Man for legal graduates? Does the island have many opportunities in this sector and is it worth moving to to pursue a career?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,316 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The big problem is being allowed live there. It can be quite restrictive.

While the brass plate companies might be registered there and certain high-level work is done there, I suspect a lot of the grunt work is done elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭3DataModem

There are some big employers in online gaming there. Flutter and Microgaming, for example. They have lawyers based there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

It’s a messy one as both UK and Irish citizens must apply for immigration/residency permits to live there.

I’ve always found that arrangement grossly one sided, as Manx citizens are both entitled to U.K. citizenship and face no such restrictions moving to either of their larger CTA counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrenMar

Check out https://www.locate.im/ for useful info about moving to the IOM.

There are a lot of law firms, mainly based in Douglas, you would need a work permit but a prospective employer would secure that for you.

The IOM government is trying to attract workers and grow the population so it's definitely worth looking into, I'm sure you would have no trouble finding a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the O Reilly connection

That great! Thank you for your responses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭3DataModem

BTW I've lived and worked there, if you end up actually doing it HMU with any questions.

Advertisement