Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Paypal

Options
  • 12-12-2023 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭

My partner asked me to set up a Paypal account for her but when I entered her email address it seemed there already was one in that name. I thought that maybe we set one up ages ago and forgot about it so I tried to reset the password. We got the first stage done getting a verification email from them but the next stage requires that she gets a call from them. The problem is that the number they say their going to call is a UK mobile +44 etc. not my partner's so we obviously didn't set up this account.

What's going on here? Is it some sort of scam or has some eejit in the UK used the wrong email address to set up their account and fecked things up for both parties? My partner has had her email account for over a decade and uses it constantly.

The Paypal site offers no way of resolving this without calling them during business hours. Their call centre number is also a UK number which seems somewhat weird to me as their headquarters is in Dublin.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I recently sorted out a problem I had with a PayPal account. The problem occured in 2005. In the meantime, I used a different email address to set up another PayPal account.

Advertisement