Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Custom Tourneo not on VRT calculator 'dropdown' Help!

Options
  • 12-12-2023 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I want to be buy a used 2019 Ford Custom Tourneo from a dealer in Northern Ireland. It's not a commercial vehicle. it has and will be used as personal vehicle.

Car - Diesel, Automatic, 2.0L.

I live in Dublin.

I'm trying to use Revenues VRT calculator but the model type is not in the dropdown of choices.

Has anyone gone through this process with a Ford Custom. Should I use a different comparable Ford? If so, does anyone recommend a model type.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

You can’t just use a comparable Ford. It will give you a completely different figure. If its not on the calculator you just have to present it for VRT and hope for the best. But in the mean time you can manually calculate it.

Find the Co2 figure

Find the VRT rate

Find the OMSP

Multiple the OMSP by the VRT rate

Find the Nox figure

Add the Nox charge to the Co2 charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tooneyj8

Thanks but I don't follow... 😔

Attached is my attempt

This the info i have....

The purchase price is €35,066.4 or €34,333.95 - approximately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

OMSP is what the car is worth here on Irish plates. So around €50,000.

Co2 is 182g which is about 40% VRT so around €20,000 in VRT costs

Then Nox will be around €350 or so.

So if the car is being registered as a passenger vehicle it will cost around €20,000 to VRT.

Makes no sense to import, the ones on Donedeal are mostly taxis or wheelchair vehicles which are exempt from VAT and VRT

Advertisement