Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrrells Brook

Options
  • 12-12-2023 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi All, have recently bought one of the first phase houses in Tyrrells Brook Edenderry. I'm just wondering if there are any others here that have also bought and if you've had any updates re connection to services etc.

Seems absolutely mad that there are new developments all over the country sitting empty because they can't get ESB/water connected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Raffs_dub

Hi, It looks like the houses from 1-12 have electricity. Unfortunately still waiting for the rest of the houses. It’s a bit frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kingsley16

Hi,

Yes, I bought in the first phase as well. I'm late to reply but as you're likely aware ESB & water are done for 1-22.

For myself: I had snagging done on Monday morning and report sent out to the QS that night. QS emailed me the BER cert yesterday (wed 21st), which was desperately needed as my lender won't allow for drawdown until this is submitted. Valuation is in progress, they've already been in touch with the estate agent, hopefully that completes next week. All thats left is the completion date from Newlyn Homes and then my solicitor can drawdown; and then keys. Hopefully it's all done soon, as my offer is about to expire in a month or so. It's been a long journey and a very hectic one at that, I just want to get my family in.

I haven't used Boards.ie in years but I've been Googling to try find some neighbours in this development or people interested in buying in this development. I've created a private Facebook group for Tyrrells Brook New Build Residents. There is already the public group Derrybeg/Newberry/Tyrrellsbrook Residence, but I wanted to be mindful of us spamming that group with content solely relating to the new development. I definitely recommend following that group as well for broader neighbourhood community.

Advertisement