Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paediatric Dentist - Dental Insurance?

Options
  • 11-12-2023 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi,

had my 7 year old at a new dentist recently, and she has flagged a few items that previous dentist never mentioned following X-rays (last seen initial dentist around a year ago) and said we should see a paediatric dentist and referred us to one in Clonmel.

1. there is some decay on one upper back tooth, too much for filling, and tooth needs extraction at some stage, issue being that there is no adult tooth behind so the options are to either have a root cancel to save the baby tooth, or remove and leave a gap. No pain referenced yet by child but dentist thinks not far based on closeness of decay to nerve
    2. noted enamel is weak on 6 - 8 teeth, referenced MIH (I need to investigate this further)
    3. 6 of the 6/8 teeth above have no adult teeth behind, said it could be genetic as I have numerous baby teeth still in situ.
    4. at this stage too early to tell if orthodontics are needed but remain open given there could be a lot of dental work over the next few years

Now that we’re aware we are going to have a lot of dental bills can we take our dental insurance to are we too late as it’s after the fact of being aware of dental issues? We have no health insurance at present.

Would also welcome any thoughts/experiences/feedback on any of them items above - all came as shock as have seen dentist annually since child was one.

thank you

Advertisement