Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 1Gb FTTH SIRO Router settings

Options
  • 11-12-2023 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Is there anything special that i may be missing for setting up Opnsense router connected directly to the SIRO ONT?

I used the following settings:

IPv4 Configuration Type: PPPoE

PPPoE Username: anything@skydsl

PPoe Password: anything

VLAN 10 ID: 10

I had it working fine last night but then as the day went on it started dropping until it wouldnt connect. Switched my sky hub in again and it didn't skip a beat.

I captured some frames with wireshark when the sky hub transmitts when booting and noticed some DHCPv6 traffic. Do we need to configure IPv6 with DHCP also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Did you get everything working OK in the end? Might be moving to Sky SIRO and would like to know if there are any issues with an OPNSense router.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 icantfindaname11

i am also interested in hearing the results, my Asus router never worked properly with Sky. there are some threads here about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sphinxicus

yes i did in the end. Cant remember exact steps off the top of my head but something along the lines of:

• Physical WAN interface: No IPv4 or IP v6 configuration - Spoofed Sky Router MAC address for good measure
    • Created VLAN 10 (0.10) interface, assigned to above interface as parent interface, configured IP v4 as PPPoE including username/password

Been up ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 10 icantfindaname11

Ok just as update, I got a new Asus router, and set that up yesterday with pppoe settings, since then it has been running, no drops so far.

looks like my problem was related to my old asus router as this is working fine.

i will keep observing couple of days.

Advertisement