Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses for sale in Belmont, Stepaside

Options
  • 11-12-2023 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys, I was looking for information on the houses built between 2013-2016 in Belmont, Stepaside. How is the area in general and what's the quality of houses? I'm considering buying a second-hand 3-bed house in that area.

Also, are any residents looking to sell theirs in the next few months?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks a ton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tribbiani

Just bumping this up, any info anybody can provide? Are any houses in the area expected to be on the market soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi Tribianni - I live in the nearby Clay Farm estate. I remember looking at these houses five years ago, and being impressed with the layout and build quality. It's a nice enough area, though quite built up with "new" (i.e. last 20 years) estates such as Aitkens Village and Belarmine. Those estates have a high concentration of apartment buildings, which makes the population feel a bit transient as they are majority renters. There's a good Gaelscoil and Educate Together nearby, and one private girl's secondary school, but in general the area is a little lacking in amenities.

My one drawback for Belmont was the fact that there was only one exit from the estate and on to the very busy Enniskerry Road. So my choice for commuting was to be stuck in traffic or go on the Luas. The Luas is a 15/20 minute walk, which is fine but can be miserable in the dark and cold of winter, especially when you're a bit further up the mountains here. Hence why we opted for Clay Farm.

All in all though, if you don't have a long commute, they seem like well designed and built houses and Stepaside itself is a very nice village.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tribbiani

Thanks for the info, JDD. I'm willing to compromise on the commute issue because I really liked the build quality and layouts, exactly what I'm looking for. Also, given we mostly work from home it won't be a huge deal for us. I lost the bidding on the house I was looking at so will probably wait till early next year to see if more come on the market.

About the clay farm estate houses, there's a new phase coming in February/March next year and I'm considering those as well. What's the build quality like? And if you can provide any other info that would be helpful.

Advertisement