Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does any A/V manufacturer offer worse tech support than Samsung?

Options
  • 11-12-2023 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Far from bringing me pleasure, the Samsung soundbar set-up I recently forked out E750 for has caused me day after day, week after week of pain and frustration.

Problem One - Needed help setting up the system but their customer service hotlines are permanently engaged

Unable to get the unit to work, I tried Samsung’s two technical support hotlines – engaged on not only that day but also every one of the numerous other times I have called them these last few weeks.

Despite loathing such services, I tried Samsung’s website chat support service. All I got for my trouble was an hour of poorly-worded and impossible-to-follow instructions. The best advice their rep gave me was to try Sony who made the TV the soundbar was to work with.

Problem Two - The people who man their online chat facility are unable to offer any constructive advice

While Sony fixed the problem in about five minutes, they were unable to help when the soundbar refused to pair with its subwoofer and rear speakers after being moved a couple of weeks later. I suspect the problem this time was due to the faulty cabling I bought after wasting 30 minutes asking another online rep what sort of cable I might need. His advice? “Check with your electrical stockiest”. 

Problem Three - Impossible to register for warranty cover as the serial numbers they provide are incomplete

This Saturday, I had to use Samsung’s online service again. When I pleaded to talk to a tech support person direct, I was told someone would be in touch and to stand by for a call within the next 24 to 48 hours. I was equally out of luck when attempting to register my soundbar for its warranty as the company’s webpage did not recognize any of the four possible serial numbers that came on its packaging. 

The advice this time? To move the unit and check its rear for the number. Unwilling to do so because it would damage my wall and cause the unit to stop working again, I was told I could find the number via the company’s Smart Things app. Predictably, the serial number was not included in the information panel. 

So here I sit with no way of registering for a warranty on a product that keeps giving me problems. Having put up with weeks of Samsung’s nonsense, I will never buy one of their products again. If you’re planning on buying something for yourself or someone special this Xmas, I’d advise you to do the same.  

Post edited by leitrimjohn on

Comments

Advertisement