Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get HAP because I had shared ownership house 10 years ago

Options
  • 10-12-2023 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I have on two occasions had to apply to the local council (Roscommon) to be put on the social housing list in order to apply for HAP. I owned a property in Longford through the shared ownership scheme, I handed back the keys 10 years ago as the house had a number of issues. As I have had a house with them Roscommon won't put me on the list.

I have spoken to Longford CO CO who have said that they have no issues with me applying for it and that I don't owe them anything so why is Roscommon refusing?

TIA

Omega

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I suppose they might be thinking that they have lots of other people on their list to help. So since they have already helped you out before you would be at the bottom of the list now. And due to the way the "list" works, there is much leapfrogging depending on circumstances so you are unlikely to ever get near the top of the housing list. Maybe you just need them to put on the list in order to apply for HAP, whether you ever move up the list or not. HOw hard that will be is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,702 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They provided you with assistance, you declined it and dropped them into fixing the issues you should have sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭claregal1

Usually when refusing HAP it's that your name is still linked to the property for LPT. Check with the LPT section within Revenue to make sure that your PPSN is removed from the property.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you pay back your share of the loan to them? could it be because you owe them money towards it?

Advertisement