Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing EPG Data

Options
  • 10-12-2023 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with a lack of EPG on Saorview Mux One? (RTÉ 2, TG4 etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Is this now or frequently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

This morning but has happened before. I was only getting Now/next today even though I was on RTE News channel for a good 30 mins.

EDIT: now showing up to Wed on TG4 and News. BTW It was full 7 day data last night. I reckon something might be corrupted from Montrose. (insert gag here)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes I have noticed it as the other half likes the late late. What I found this morning was same as you and this is my workaround, I give it a few minutes and it appears to work but don't ask me why!!

I use Vix and Openatv but I go on vix yellow button providers and select rtenl and select channel with missing epg and wait a few minutes , it usually populates and then I go back to saorview bouquet and check, usually works.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems ok for me, have full listings up to and including Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Seems to be OK now. Thanks folks just wanted to check it wasn't just my setup. 👍️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭JMcL

Sorry for disinterring this, but I'm having the same problem on my Vu+ Duo2 box. I first noticed it around Christmas but didn't dig deeper at the time - usually an EPG refresh when the channel is tuned would pull about 5 or 6 days worth for all Saorview channels, but this no longer works. I've tried it on all the channels (RTE1/2, TG4, and the Virgins) to no avail. I haven't tried retuning yet as the channels ARE being received, but I'm not 100% clear where the Saorview EPG data comes from (e.g., from a data channel on one of the muxes which has actually moved). Has anybody else had these issues since?

Advertisement