Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH zone balancing

Options
  • 10-12-2023 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey!

I'm trying to maximise efficiency of our new builds UFH/heat pump and I'm the point where I have the weather comp set so the flow temp is just warm enough to keep the house at a comfortable temp 24/7 (10C outside, 25C flow, gets us between 19.5-21C room temp and 5.15 COP)

The first issue is that one room in zone 2 gets too hot compared the others. I'm thinking about restricting flow of that rooms circuit at the manifold but I'm not sure if less flow means more or less heat transfer?

One last thing is zone 2 in general is always 1.5 degrees warmer than zone 1 and we want them closer to equal. I'm under the impression that using the zone 2 thermostat to cut flow would be bad for efficiency as it would allow the floor to cool down too much since it'd be off for most of the time. Would partially closing the input or return valve for the entire zone 2 manifold be a solution?

I believe this is 'balancing' territory but I'm not sure if balancing in this context means equalising room/zone temperatures or equalising flow rates between all the circuits

I've been finding this process really interesting and I've love some pointers

Advertisement