Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myrkur - Spine

Options
  • 09-12-2023 9:39pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Been listening to this a lot recently, it's a bit of a departure in sound, more of a synth pop element than her other albums, surprised all the lyrics are in English, I liked the Danish even though I had no idea what she was saying, it added to the ethereal weirdness of the sound.

Valkyriernes Sang sounds like something from her first album, would say Blazing Sky is my favourite song from it, like the title track, Devil in the Detail and the closer is good too, if she tours it would be great to see her over here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

double posted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's good alright, if all over a bit too quickly perhaps but an artist that is very interesting and consistent in equal measure I think.

Doesn't look like she'll get back here this year at least, last caught her when she was wasted on as support for Smashing Pumpkins at Wembley arena.

Not exactly the same thing maybe same stratosphere but Eivør is back here in Oct (kinda got a bump recent years doing music for The Last Kingdom show and God of War video game (collab with Bear McCready) but the support with them is Sylvaine from Norway she's performing her stuff solo but on record her stuff particularly when it comes to the black metal element and whatnot would be along the same lines as Myrkur.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah, I would say 33 minutes is a bit short, especially given it took 18 months to release it, suppose its better that than dragging the arse out of it like Metallica have for their last few albums.

I'm tempted to try to get tickets for Manchester or London, but money is a bit tight for me right now.

Gave Eivor a brief listen, definitely a similar vibe minus the heavy guitars.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Love the set list for her shows, all of Spine (Apart from the closing track) and a few off M and Mareidt, nothing off Folksange though, shame she's not coming here, you'd think with the Clannad/Enya influence, there might be an interest.

Advertisement