Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - Amazon - Donald Glover

Options
  • 07-12-2023 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭

Starts February 2nd

Two lonely strangers land a job working for a mysterious spy agency that offers them a glorious life of espionage, wealth, world travels and a dream brownstone in Manhattan. The catch: new identities in an arranged marriage as Mr. & Mrs. John and Jane Smith. Now hitched, John and Jane navigate a high risk mission every week while also facing a new relationship milestone. Their complex cover story becomes even more complicated when they catch real feelings for each other. What’s riskier, espionage or marriage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,967 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, this is yet another Amazon series about spies as a romantic couple as they travel the globe? Uhhhh huh.

Though I will say, this looks much more entertaining & more smartly written than Citadel (had to google its name)

Starts tomorrow and getting some decent reviews.

All episodes dropped today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anything would be better than citadel...the two leads had zero chemistry, script was abysmal, the money spent on it was insane.

I watched episode 1 of this it was fun, moved at a good pace at time too, Maya Erskine and Donald Glover have great chemistry, I can kind of see Phoebe Waller Bridge in the role too to be fair (i know she left it due to "creative differences").

The opening with Alexander Skarsgard was fun. I'm guessing the life of a Mr and Mrs Smith can be fairly finite. The coming up clip looked brilliant some amazing guest stars Sharon Horgan, Paul Dano and a load more!

Post edited by gmisk on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why would you sign up to this mysterious org?

are we watching 2 sociopaths?

Post edited by expectationlost on

Watched the first couple of episodes and it's enjoyable and as above you can see the lines that were written for Phoebe Waller Bridge.

Here is one I didn't know the original Mr & Mrs Smith were not Brad and Angelina.

It was Scott Bakula & Maria Bello in failed 1996 TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

would prefer more Undercovers with Gugu Mbatha-Raw

Post edited by expectationlost on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
Advertisement