Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONFUSED what to give

Options
  • 06-12-2023 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

hi guys, im single and i was invited to my friends wedding and agreed to go. however my grandfather died the day before the wedding so decided not to go last minute... if i had gone i planned to give €150. i know she would have already paid for my food etc so should i give €150 as planned or would €100 be kind enough? i dont want to ruin the friendship so maybe best to give the €150?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Moved to Weddings Forum where it is more suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭standardg60

Just give the 150, 50 quid isn't worth the subsequent wondering you'll always have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

€100 will be fine too, whichever you are happy to give, they will be happy to get your kind gift.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marymoore

thank you both for the replies... ye im overthinking it... its just i paid for accommodation too so ending up costing a lot... but its not my friends fault and maybe my meal would cost more than €100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Meal above 100 would not be the standard but without knowing the venue & dinner price ranges, I can't say if it would cover their costs 100% but it wouldn't be far off.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If you intended to gift them €150 then I'd stick with that. You it cost you a lot of money but it would have cost even more had you gone on the day, spending on drinks etc. Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭suds1984

I’d give the €150 as well. You had planned on being there as was invited so would be close enough to the couple. Give it if you can afford it - I’m always give what you can afford… I don’t get this the gift must cover the cost of the meal etc… it’s the couples choice to spend what they want on the day

Advertisement