Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 7 Pro not switching cleanly between 4G and 5G

Options
  • 06-12-2023 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭

Not really sure where to put this question, I tried over in the Android subforum, but got no reply, so here goes ...

I have a Pixel 7 Pro, and up until recently had a 4G PAYG plan with Vodafone. I changed over to an unlimited 5G plan (for the same price!) and have started to have some strange issues when moving between 4G and 5G areas, mainly noticeable when in my car streaming music via Android Auto.

What happens is that instead of switching seamlessly from 4G to 5G, it seems to go completely offline for a good few seconds, displaying a "!" in the signal strength indicator, and then switching. The streaming apps stop and I have to press play again to get them restarted. On a short local drive this can happen 2 or 3 times, which is pretty annoying.

So, not sure if this is s Pixel issue or a Vodafone issue. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MobileTester

I have no issues on Vodafone unlimited 5G with my Samsung.

I heart about the same issues you experience from other Pixel users also with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Not on VF and don't use pixel.

"handover" from 5G to 4G , especially that its not "real" 5G yet, to my limited understanding, should occur seamlessly.

Try set handset to 4G only and see if "drop" still occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pixel 7,Three. Never seen that.

Advertisement