Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Holiday destination for golf and family

Options
  • 05-12-2023 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi, looking for recommendations for a golf hotel/apartments in a location that's would also be good for young kids and the wife :)

Probably for July timeframe. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I'd say send the wife and kids to a caravan in Bettystown for the week and head off to Orlando for the golf.

Make sure to bring back gifts for them though - ball makers would be perfect. Hopefully you'll get a stick of Rick from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

All about budget really?

But a few great resorts are .

Druids Glen....stay in ..pool ..luxury food ..2 great course ..1 world class.

Rosapenna..beach holiday..incredible scenery and sea and surf . World class golf..

Then ..you can go away to a resort in Spain or Portugal and do your golf on a day trip or on resort .

But ...the real problem these days is cost ..so again budget.

Mount Juilet worth a mention...but massive money ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

enniscrone/sligo area good golf, nice beaches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's important to know the budget for questions like this to be fair! And if going abroad is something you feasibly can/can't do

• Advertisement

Enniscrone would be a great call..kids surfing etc...and way cheaper

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Druis Glen would be crap for kids IMO.

It has the spa, golf and the pool and that's it really. Even the walks around it are not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Myself and Wife did a summer stay there couple of years ago and to be honest it was a bit of a nightmare.

Seemed to be very little for kids to do, so they just spent the bulk of the days running up and down the corridors of the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Quahog217

Sorry should of stated definitely staying in Ireland. Living in Waterford so no where further than Galway/Dublin. Budget wise not looking for 5 start, somewhere more reasonably priced with golf close to the apartment/hotel.

I would be playing on my own, most likely first thing in the morning so somewhere that I could get out would be important, maybe somewhere with 2 courses like Headfort, but not sure there is much for the kids around there.

Was also looking at Connemara maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

If you could push the budget, Fota would be a great option. 2 golf courses, plenty for family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

Fota would be ideal. Actively camps in the grounds during the summer, golf, animal park, Cork City 15 mins away.

Might be costly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Castlerosse in Killarney has it's own 9 holes. Kid friendly hotel/apts.

choice of golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Second Castlerosse, Killarney, where we had the society captains, was a great spot. Stunning area of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Also agree on Castlerosse

Really nice hotel and 9 hole course

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FOTA are very cheeky with their advertising of a two/three golf course setup, it’s a 27 hole complex, not 36/54

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Agree re Castlerosse. I stayed there a few times over the years but 18 months ago with family for a week. We took one of their holiday homes. It was the reason I proposed it for the Boards trip and I think was well received.

if not there, I honestly wouldn’t look outside of Kerry. Loads of options. Get a mobile somewhere even. We used to stay in Fossa when I was a kid in mobile home and would go of with the old man golfing when ma and sisters would do their own thing.

Advertisement