Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Gen 1 leaf - dead

Options
  • 05-12-2023 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I’ve got a 2012 gen 1 leaf ( 90k km 7 bars remaining) for about 2 yrs now and it’s been fantastic to drive. I get about 60 - 70 km per charge which is fine for my needs. 12 v battery was replaced in June. I had a warning of low battery with about 9 km remaining. As I was in the Square, I decided to try the ESB CHAdaMO 50kw to top up. Plugged in accepted but did not charge. Tried this a few times but nothing happened. Made it home with about 5 km left, no turtle mode and plugged it in for an overnight charge. Following morning I Pre-conditioned the car on the app as normal before I got in. Started but wouldn’t go into drive, then it wouldn’t turn off. Had to jump in the other car to do the school run and work. Checked the 12v battery later and it’s fine. Would plugging in to the CHAdaMO have tripped an internal fuse? And advise would be appreciated

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Does charging on AC still work? It's unusual but not impossible to have damaged the chademo plug connection in the car. Alternatively, and a more likely outcome, is that that specific charger didnt work. Try another chademo unit elsewhere. That will see if it was the charger or the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

There are bigger problems, the car won't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Oh I missed that. If you unplug the 12v for 10-15 minutes and reconnect this will reset the long term memory. Can also be done easier if you have leafspy pro to clear any codes etc. The 10-15 minute reset got me out of a jam a few times in my other leaf 24. The odd time after charging I'd get an amber warning light of a car on the dash with an exclamation mark through it and the car wouldnt drive. The reset cleared it and the car would drive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cuffeb

Thanks for your responses.

Took the 12 v battery out and used the Lidl battery charger last night, charger indicated full charge on the battery. Put it back and was expecting some sparks when you reconnect the terminals but nothing. Tried the jump setting on it , nothing. Car still dead and not charging 🤷 I’ll get my local mechanic to check it out, they’ve done some work on the car before. Cheers

Advertisement