Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to verify that a stamp duty is valid.

Options
  • 05-12-2023 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi all, I'd like your help with a matter. I bought a site last August with my solicitor working on handling the property transfer with the PRAI (transfer our ownership on the site folio). At the moment, he is not doing a great job and the application was rejected (I am investigating about the issue at the moment).

Weeks back I asked him if he could send me something that would prove the site purchase. He sent me a copy of the stamp duty.

Now, I don't have a lot of trust in him for the way he is handling this ownership transfer, for the lies he has said, and because it's my first time purchasing a site, I am not very practical about these things.

My question is: Is there a way to check the validity of the stamp duty he sent me? The stamp duty has an ID number. Is there a revenue phone number that I can check that the ID is valid?

I just want to make sure that he is not a fraud and that I have not lost my money.

Advertisement