Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemary Smith - RIP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was robbed of a Ladies class win in Monte Carlo by corrupt French stewards too

She did a lot of good work in road safety after retiring from racing. Did my first ever driving lesson with her driving school over 20 years ago; she was unwell that day but did turn up to do a brief closing address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Seen her in Birmingham at the NEC in recent years. She had an active retirement and a love for all things car related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭Melodeon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

She was an amazing Women born into a Masculine dominated World unfortunately. A World of small minded primitive men. Thank god its not like that anymore.

May She RIP.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

They showed a few seconds of Rosemary just now at the end of Primetime, such a beautiful and glamorous lady, hopefully there will be a tribute to her on TV soon, I'd love to see footage of her breaking a record on the Straight road in Cork many years ago. I always felt she was very under appreciated here considering her brilliant career. R.I.P Rosemary. x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There appears to be a documentary under production currently going on stuff being said on Twitter. Hopefully they got all the interview footage with Rosemary done before she fell ill as it's a story that deserves to be told.

Her book is good if a little sad, as she was screwed over by a wannabe saintly (literally spent his money on churches) property developer/businessman in later life.

Advertisement