Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite - which one

Options
  • 04-12-2023 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

My son wants to get fortnite for Christmas but there are a few different ones I can find for sale: minty legends, anime legends,transformers pack,...

Just wondering what is the difference between them and which one is the best one to get.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

fortnite is free, can you be more specific on what he wants?

Does he play on a console or pc etc..? (do you own any of these?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All the ones you mentioned are add on packs for fortnite. The game itself is completely free but has micro transactions for skins etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As the poster above mentioned the game is free.

What you're looking at are different cosmetic packs. It includes characters (referred to as skins), dances, emotes and/or pickaxes. It's basically like playing dress up. Cosmetic purchases do not effect gameplay.

Fortnite also has an in-game currency called vbucks which can also be used for buying cosmetics.

I play Fortnite regularly and occasionally get skins relating to pop culture characters that I like, such as Star Wars characters, superheroes etc. Kids and teens go nuts for cosmetics though. They all want to look cool when playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zubinator

Thank you everyone, this makes sense now.

I'll download the game on the PS4 (for free 💪) and get him one of those packs as well.

Cheers

Advertisement