Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signia Hearing Aid

Options
  • 04-12-2023 10:15pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been wearing Signia Pure Charge and Go aids( the top end model) since August of this year, the first couple off weeks I was getting on ok with them, I have them for otosclerosis, my low to normal levels are bad, I have issues hearing between 30 & 50db apparently. Anyway, I have gotten used to wearing them all day every day, but of late, my ears seem to be getting sore and I feel the urge just to rip them out now and again. I am curious to know if there are a range of different tips that I can try out. What seemed very comfortable at the start, are now starting to drive me mad. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

There are several sizes of silicone 'tips' called domes... is this what you have? I could not get on with any of them, kept coming out. In the end I had a fitting made from a mould taken from inside the ear, second attempt and now a have a snug fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Sorry to jump onto this thread. I have a quick hearing aid question. I have a Signia behind the ear hearing aid and the itchiness is putting me off using it. Can I use olive oil or some type of moisturiser to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,063 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you mean itchiness inside your ear? It may be the dome that is irritating your ear, but generally I find that if my ear does itch a bit, once it has been out overnight it will be fine the next day. If it persists go back to your supplier and ask them to look and see if there is any sign of irritation. No harm in trying olive oil, but i find it goes away on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Romero

Hi All just got fitted today with HSE issued Signia Aya M's now on the right ear when the Audiologist was tuning it there was a constant hissing sound I told her and she said not to worry she restarted it after the tuning but it still reduces but notice its crackly and little pop noises. I just tried them there when I got home and can still hear a slight hiss and it's a very Tinney sound from them, so much so I don't think I will use them. Not sure if I should ring the Audiology dept and complain or just wait. I suffer a bit from tinnitus but I can live with it they certainly don't help with that issue reason they think I need them is to help with that and my hearing is slightly down in that I could miss conversations in crowds.

Any advise appreciate

Advertisement