Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One drive- basic questions

Options
  • 04-12-2023 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

I know next to nothing about computers or technology so excuse my ignorance.

I access OneDrive usually through Internet Explorer but you can also access through your e mail account? Is the latter OneDrive online?

What exactly does that mean?

At home I use OneDrive through Internet Explorer and am happy doing that yet at work when I open what I have written through my email account (online?) I find what I have written is very different in its configuration. Paragraphs, pictures etc out of place not aligned properly etc.

Can anyone explain what the hell is going on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Hi Bobby,

Onedrive is a app that syncs files to a cloud storage in Microsoft's Cloud.

So you should have Onedrive running on your home pc, that essentially syncs the files you are working on, with Word/Excel or the like.

You would need to be signed into Onedrive with the same account at work, to see your own Docs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's all Office 365.

You log into Office365

….

Outlook is the mail app/client

OneDrive is where files are saved (Storage) it's (One Drive) is also the utility that syncs your desktop to the cloud.

There is a web version of outlook and a desktop version included in Office 365. Depending on which ( web or desktop) which you use and if you have format emails as...Html, Plain Text, Rich text they might format differently.

You should be using Edge not Internet Explorer. Though perhaps you mean Windows Explorer.

Advertisement