Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Set up

Options
  • 04-12-2023 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

So we've recently moved into a new house but nobody on site can seem to tell us how the networking in the house should work or aren't giving us a straight answer.

We have a box like this in our utility room which I'm presuming our router should sit in. Then we have CAT6 connections in the living room and bedrooms which I guess can be fed from here?

On the outside wall we have black tube which runs into our sitting room.

We also have these white tubes. One of which is coax for like Virgin which runs into the utility room and then feeds into the sitting room and bedrooms. The other one is empty which is what I presumed the fibre would have been pushed through to reach the utility room? I've since been told by the guys that do the Eir installs the tube is too narrow.

So I think the've made a mistake as the router should be in the utility room and not the sitting room even though there is one CAT6 connection from the sitting room back to the utility (photo above).

We're due to have our fibre installed this week so if the developer has made a mess of this would like to push him to fix it.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks

Post edited by Papav3r on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

You need to get in touch with the person who installed it!!! its not even labelled!! Or if you know a good electrician they can help.

in a word " DISGRACE"

Advertisement