Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water dripping in the trunk ?

Options
  • 04-12-2023 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2006 civic, and there is water in the trunk in and around the spare tyre, which I found to be dripping after forming in the trunk's ceiling due to cold weather, I live in Donegal.

The car is used once a month as I WFH, and is parked in open parking.

Any advise on how to stop the water from forming in the trunk ceiling, or dripping into the spare tyre area.

Would covering the car with a car cover help ?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You may have a source of water ingress into the car which is providing the moisture as condensation from the normal RH, if the car is not being opened more than once a month is not the source, IMO

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭huud

I'm unsure what you mean by ingress, tThe only source of water I can think of is the one on the vehicle due to rain, or cold, but to my understanding it would fall off the car through the channels in the car's design.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭huud

Anyone knows of any trustworthy, and reliable garages in Donegal, good with Civics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Happened my friend he couldn't find the source so he drilled a small hole at the lowest point to let it drain.

Advertisement