Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SsangYong Korando e-Motion

Options
  • 03-12-2023 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Formally SsangYong but now the parent company is KGM which is KG Mobility in South Korea.

Future cars won't have the company name on it, just the model name and "chalice" logo.

The KORANDO e-Motion is based in a Mahindra platform

Next from them is the Torres EVX which will be based on a BYD battery and motor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I doubt this will sell in any appreciable numbers here. Can't recall the last time I even saw a SsangYong on the road and I live down the road from their distribution centre!

Do we have to start calling them "The Car Company Formerly Known as SsangYong" now? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A pity as the current Korando was a very good car but just too expensive. If it had of been 5 to 10k cheaper than the competition and advertised right it might have done well but it was neither.

KG mobility. What a terrible name for a car company. They should get rid if the last part and just call themselves KG.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭derekreilly

Going to be called just KGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes they should really drop the M at least in this part of the World if they want to be taken seriously.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I was going to say maybe they'd get the taxi driver crowd but rear windows are tinted so more work there to replace (although possible). When you look at it vs everything else available you just have to ask why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement