Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with flying in Specific Category (anyone with operational authorization?)

Options
  • 03-12-2023 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if someone with an operational authorization can help me to understand the process and fees. So I would like to fly around Dublin a bit higher than as usually allowed (30+ and 90+ meters depending on the geo zone) so I will need specific category. I want to summarize what I will need for that to be able to request clearance with the UF101 form.

If I am correct I will need the specific category training which is depending on the training centre it is around 700 EUR.

I will also need an operational authorization. I can do PDRA since I won't have a C5 or C6 drone for STS. This PDRA is 300 EUR. I am not sure if this is something I need to do for all PDRAs that I want to operate in? So maybe I need to select one carefully if I don't want to apply for multiple 300 EURs.

After these I can file the UF101 but I could not find if any fee is involved here or I can just file as much as I want.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TZ

Advertisement