Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hawke scopes

Options
  • 02-12-2023 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

hi folks,just a question for anyone into hawke scopes,i have a 3-9x50 ,im looking to go higher mag to say 16 or 24...the reticle on the 3 -9 x50 is a bit thicker than the one on the 6-24x50,(i had one before)i would like the 16 mag one as 24 might be ott for a .22,so does anyone know if the 16 has the same reticle as the 24 mag,as i dont want another thickish crosshair like the 3-9x50..the vantage range of hawkes is what im looking at,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Are you set on a hawke scope.I went from a 3-9-40 hawke vantage to a vector optics Orion 4-16-44 and to me it leaves the hawke way behind in clarity during day and night.

I can't tell you about the hawke reticle but the vector is much finer but still not to fine to see.I think the vector is a good bit cheaper than the hawke also but if you're set on a hawke your best bet is to go into a shop and look through one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭sniperman

I ordered directly from here

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mseX7H2

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭photosmart

How are people finding the scopes from aliexpress - are they legit?

The vector optics scope I got was legit and I registered it with their European sales support which is based in Germany

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It would appear Vector Optics have an official store on AE.

Vector Optics Official Store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Are the Vector scopes filled with nitrogen

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ghost.

Looking at their website it appears that their scopes are nitrogen purged/filled. I think this is the same company.

https://www.vectoroptics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

We can't complain about their product range anyhow. Can any of ye tell me why reticles have a dreadful thick line going from the outside of the f.o.v. towards the centre. Surely being able to see more of the target is better.

Advertisement