Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geoff Buys Cars video

Options
  • 01-12-2023 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Anyone follow this guy's YouTube channel?

If so, what do ye make of him? Nutter? Sh1t-stirrer? Or maybe he has a point?

Here's the latest one I saw on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwEg7BvQXsg

Anyone done some fact-checking on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Give us a clue and save us giving him another hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

He basically starts of by saying that it eventually it will no longer be possible to insure a car that does not transmit data in real time.

Then he goes on to say that insurance companies will have access to information on your lifestyle/health choices and up your premium based on that data. Apparently all to do with the EU digital ID initiative which will make that sort of thing possible.

He's reading from a sheet of paper but doesn't say in the link where he got it from. I posted a comment asking for a source so I could do some research on it, which is telling the truth.

If I get the time to transcribe the audio I will post it here, but that could at least a couple of days before I will be able to get around to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Thanks for offering but please don't feel obliged to transcribe.

If it develops into something we need to worry about we will hear more soon enough.

In the meantime start saving for a classic car and then you can say "access that" 🙂

Advertisement