Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best glue for scrapbooking.

Options
  • 01-12-2023 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was to create a scrapbook for my GF. Therefore I am looking for recommendations for a good glue.

I have found pritt stick below average in the past, as the paper would separate over time as it dries out. So I want a permanent solution.

Any suggestions is much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

PVA would be one option. Slip a sheet of plastic between pages where you apply it until it dries, then you won't have any stuck pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thanks for that! Is PVA that good? I don't know much about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Oh yes, it's slight overkill for your purpose. It's a thick white cream like liquid but dries clear and flexible. It has lots of uses in the building trades for sealing floors and walls and as a concrete and mortar addititive. And you can even stick things together with it.

It's non toxic and water soluble until it dries, allowing it to be readily thinned.

Post edited by cnocbui on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Just to defend prittstick, for paper paper to paper it lasts forever, such that it's acceptable in pharma environments for long term records. But if you have not quite paper you're out of luck. PVA is just wood glue, a lot of craft glues are watered down pva, it's great but messier.

Advertisement