Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Garage Issue

Options
  • 01-12-2023 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

looking for some advice here. I have a car that has Warranty with a warranty company and it began losing power and showing an engine light for turbo underboost. I brought it to a garage approved by the warranty company.

the warranty Company approved the change of the parts. Fast forward and I get the car back and only make it half way home and the car loses power shows an engine light and goes into limp again. The same issue after almost €3000 of work done.

Any advice on how to handle this?

Post edited by mbatrick on
    Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Why did they only recondition the parts and not fit new ones if it was under warranty? Is it an uncommon type/model? Was that stated in the warranty T's & C's that only reconditions parts can be fitted? At the end of the day they should have road-tested the vehicle, was that not done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mbatrick

The Warrenty company states that turbo and DPF parts are recondition parts and not new replacements.

the mechanics claim it was test drive but it only lasted less then 15 mins with me without going into Limp.

should I contact the Warrenty company?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭User1998

Just to confirm, who paid the €3,000? Was it you or the warranty company? Have you been in contact with the warranty company since?

The Warranty Company approved and paid €3000 for the works.

I have not contacted the warranty company since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yes, warranty company should be the first port of call.

How old is the vehicle and how many km's are on it?

• Advertisement

It’s a 2017 with 120k on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭User1998

Contact the approved garage and the warranty company if your concerned. Not all issues get fixed first time around. These things happen.

That’s what I thought, thanks for your help here. Just wanted to make sure I was approaching this the right way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can't tell from your OP, but have you even said it to the garage yet?

It could be something simple, why not let them know about it and see what they say?

I wouldn't necessarily jump to thinking they fucked up, these things can happen, I've often seen a broken turbo replaced and then an exhaust sensor fail a few days later. Or a already corroded wiring loom that was jostled during a repair finally breaks an hour down the road.

Just tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juliafox
    Mercedes engine repair

I would recommend taking the car back to the approved garage and explaining the situation. They should be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs under warranty. If they are unable to do so, you may need to contact the warranty company directly to file a complaint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement