Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW to find a Christmas job

Options
  • 01-12-2023 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I finished up my job of several decades recently.

I would now like to get casual work for Christmas. However, I am seriously out of touch with current methods of job-hunting.

So I am now seeking advice on HOW to get a casual Christmas job, possibly retail or hospitiality. I'm kind of like a student, only much older 😊

Any advice HUGELY appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm just picking Dunnes as an example here because I noticed the ones local to me have signs up about Christmas jobs. Some seem to be sales assistant, some overnight packers and so on. Have a look on their website, I presume there's an application form there.

As I said I'm only using them as an example. I'm sure other retailers take on seasonal staff too.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭spark_tank

Is there anywhere local to you that you'd like to work and you know hires Christmas staff? Start there! Call in and ask.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Like has been said, websites of the shops are the best places to look for casual work like that. Just be aware that a lot will have already hired Christmas staff - I know one shop I work with had the recruitment posters up in October as they need them to start in the next week or so. That said always worth a look on the website. Usually it's under a career or jobs section on the site map. Good luck!

Advertisement