Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Conditions

Options
  • 01-12-2023 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I may have to head to Glenmalur early tomorrow for around 7 /8 am. What will the road conditions be like, conscious I'd be going over Wicklow Gap...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The Wicklow Gap road is usually gritted, so you'll probably be alright as far as Glendalough, Laragh and the small section of the road to Rathdrum before you turn off right for Glenmalure.

From experience the road over Shay Elliot to Glenmalure is not gritted, and can get very slippery very quickly if it snows. I ended up in a ditch there once after returning from a hike, not something I wish to repeat. The day after I fitted winter tyres to my car :)

Advertisement