Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda bin collection

Options
  • 01-12-2023 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm moving into Galway city and need to sign up for bins. Are many people in Galway using Panda and what's your experience with them?

I had them in Dublin previously and then were fine, but after signing up a couple of weeks ago in Galway they just seem to be making mistake after mistake, for instance, leaving my account in pending limbo until I rang them looking for my bins yesterday, then incorrectly invoicing me for 6 months when it should be 19 euro per month by direct debit, also invoicing me for an incorrect much higher amount (152 for 6 months it says), having the direct debit set to take the full amount in one go, sending me a collection calendar that doesn't list Galway on it and no one can seem to tell me what day collection is. Have been on to customer support and they say they have rectified the direct debit to be 19 monthly, but the incorrect invoice still applies and another one for 152 will arrive in 6 months time. Best they can do is have loyalty call me to look at my plan at that time! What?!? Very tempted to to cancel before the bins arrive and sign up with City Bin or someone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rustyfrog

We're with City Bin and find them a very slick operation. Was with Barna before then, they were fine but very random on when they'd do the collection during the day, annoying when it's stormy and you want to get the bins back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

I think Panda are a little cheaper ? I have them the last few years and no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

City Bin all the way, Professional

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

In fairness to them I got a call from their loyalty department a few days ago and the person there was very good, they were finally able to sort out the issues, apparently they took over Wers in Galway so the billing system etc are a legacy from them and a bit archaic.

Advertisement