Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i buy train tickets at station when sold out online

Options
  • 30-11-2023 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm looking to get the train from Dundalk to Belfast this weekend but all the early to midday trains are showing sold out online. Can you still get tickets at the station for these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

Yes , Irish rail only sell a percentage online and always sell at the station, although a seat isn’t guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭gipi

There's a 24 hour strike in NI tomorrow, affecting all public transport (including trains).

Just in case you thought of travelling tomorrow, or if there's a knock-on effect on services on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

Anyone know is it the first few carriages that are the reserved seats on the enterprise?

It's booked out online - should I aim for the back during the stampede?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe all seats are put up for reservation

On a De Deitrich operated service (most [or all in December] of them), the two Dublin end carriages are first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If it says its sold out its sold out.

Sure you can buy a ticket but you will likely have to stand

Demand is very high on Dublin Belfast currently, made worse by strike action pushing people to travel on different days

• Advertisement
Advertisement