Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance premium increase following not-at-fault accident

Options
  • 30-11-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, doing a small job for a friend last night. He was rear ended recently - 2k repair so it was not a big bang. Repaired under insurance paid for by the other guys insurer. No hassle there. Repair job looks top drawer. Again, no hassle there. His renewal premium came in at 700€. An increase of €300. When he asked thr question, he was told he only had step back protection. Surely if you are not at fault, you should suffer zero financial penalty on renewal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If there is nothing paid out by his insurer, there can be no affect on the premium. Sounds like his insurer has not closed off their file as settled against 3rd party. Get that aspect checked out. It's either that or liability was apportioned, despite what you might have been told

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Had the same thing happen to me a good few years ago for the same accident and I ended up just ringing the insurer upon renewal to iron out the details and was aok after that

Kept the ncb and got a proper quote. I presume it's something not closed off on the file. Should be grand

Advertisement