Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice leather belt for a gentleman

Options
  • 30-11-2023 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Appealing to the fashion aware; where should I look for this Christmas present, a nice leather belt for my husband?

Must be real leather not a synthetic. And classy. I know very little about men's clothes, am no judge.

Help, please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Amazon or Ebay will give you plenty of choices.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭gipi

I see adverts on Facebook for Mishnoc, an Irish company who make leather goods, including belts.

Might be worth a look if you want to shop local (and get real leather - the amount of "pleather" advertised as leather on the likes of Amazon is annoying)

No connection to the company, just saw their advert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I would like to handle the item myself so that I know how it "feels", the weight, etc.

Which kind of rules out Amazon and Ebay - which otherwise I love!

I must look up Mishnoc - the name seems familiar? Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

There's a couple of leather shops on Talbot street that do authentic leather belts that actually last. Just make sure to size it correctly. Tara leathers and Bryan's Master Cobblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

This sounds perfect, thank you very much!

I've measured a couple of the old, worn-out belts so I know what size to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If you want to see, feel and smell the leather first most of the key cutting kiosks in the bigger shopping centres sell leather belts.

Pretty much anywhere that sells mens fashion in Ireland will stock them too.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TK Maxx can be great if they have decent stock in, pretty much a lottery really.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Stanley 1

If you have the size right and know if it is a suit or jean's belt (about width) go to ebay and you will get a Hugo Boss at half or less the retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Mishnoc, top quality leather. I was so impressed with belt I bought another and a wallet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I’d go with Mishnoc too. Bought a couple of belts & buckles for myself from them & a couple for family birthdays/Christmas presents & they’re lovely. Quality belts & buckles, they last forever! 👍🏼

• Advertisement
Advertisement