Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Christmas trees Dublin area

Options
  • 30-11-2023 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

It appears that Ikea very recently decided to discontinue offering real Christmas trees (They had the 2023 offer already up online a few weeks ago), so it's time to look for alternatives. I did a quick search on the internet, but so far have found either some rather pricey offers or better ones, but relatively far from Dublin, e.g. in Wicklow. My preference is to be allowed to pick from a lot of unpacked trees to avoid disappointment at home, which is why I would rather not buy from supermarkets. I suspect the best places are not advertised online, or at least not where I would look for them, so if anyone knows of a good one and cares to share it here it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I've used the Malahide allotments for a few years and they're always nice trees. €60 for a 6 foot tree - seems to be in line with what they cost locally, I don't know about nationally. I've no interest in driving half an hour somewhere each way to save €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was just about to start the same thread, dissapointing this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Dam I was holding out for IKEA .

Lidl are doing trees! Seem a decent size!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Triman111

any updates on where I could pick up a semi decent tree (north co. dublin) this close to Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mers1307

Well worth the trip, fantastic trees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement