Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N26 self installed on 2nd phone,& works!

Options
  • 30-11-2023 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

This morning when I turned on my second phone I noticed a new icon on the home screen for the n26 online banking app.This is a second phone with a different SIM and so I went ahead and activated it. I got the one-time password on my primary phone and now N26 works on both phones. I find this rather strange and maybe suspicious anybody experienced the same thing and did we know that we could have N26 working on two different SIM cards and phones

PS. I still don't know how the app found its way onto my backup phone.

PS.

SO the app runs on non-primary phone , BUT I need to confirm with OTP on primary phone, so not usable if primary phone is not available. 🫢

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Post edited by dohouch on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

How much for 6ozs of green? 😄

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What you have described is normal to me. Any app install on one phone automatically gets installed on my other phone and a few devices. That is just a feature of the platform I'm using. Luckily the opposite doesn't not happen - deleting an app on one device does not remove it from the other devices.

You decided to activate the the app on a second device and the proper security procedures were followed. So I don't really see anything to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

@Jim2007 Any app install on one phone automatically gets installed on my other phone and a few devices

1st time I've experienced such a "cross install" happening automatically, and it's a banking app

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement