Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger 800 XRT- Cigarette lighter adapter

Options
  • 29-11-2023 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully somebody has come across this. Picked up a small pump in Lidl a while ago hadn't used it. It's a cigarette lighter fitting that runs while the bike (and or car) is running.

Is there such a thing that exists that will allow me to use it with my bike. It has a smaller din adapter at the ignition/key already. I'd ideally like to get something that fits the already smaller fitting.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

I'd just cut the wire and for the DIn connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks. That one on Amazon looks the job. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

You should be able to get it on amazon.de also and avoid import costs from amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jabrantl

The things you learn on this board, seriously...

My da always used to say "as much use as a fag lighter on a motorbike", so naturally I thought they didn't exist.

He meant "ashtray", as is the common phrase. _Course_ you don't need an ashtray on a motorbike.

I was today years old whn I realised my father is a muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mini-DIN sockets are great to have on a bike, especially one which doesn't go off with the ignition so you can use it for a battery charger.

Make sure it's fused and no more than 10 amps, direct connection to the battery is no problem provided it's fused.

You can get ciggy plugs that fit both mini-DIN sockets and the car size ciggy socket.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement