Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I take wheelie bins to dump

Options
  • 29-11-2023 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

I'm cleaning up an unoccupied house. There is two full wheelie bins that need emptying, one blue and one green. Sitting there about a year. The waste company account has been cancelled. Can I take them to the dump for emptying along with the other household waste from the clean up (in bin bags)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

Well you can but you will pay for the material that is not recycled. Is the blue for glass? it will need to be sorted into appropriate colour for bottle bank and the mixed recycling waste in the green bin will have to be separated out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just bag up the contents of the bins and add them to the bags you are sending to the dump.

If you sort any recyclables it might save you a bit of money.

When the bins are empty you can wash them out.

Advertisement