Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of Gmail problems

Options
  • 28-11-2023 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

If I send an email from my Gmail account to my Hotmail account it doesn't arrive. I've checked all folders. It is in Gmail sent folder.

Other issue, in Gmail it shows Spam (3) but when I click into the Spam folder it is empty.

Could anyone help fixing these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Where is your mail loaded? Is this in the browser or mail client (outlook, thunderbird, mail app, other )?

If in any mail client - check directly on the web

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dan Steely

Both are apps. I try a browser login and see if it's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Send an email from your Hotmail account to your Gmail account, reply to it and see if it is received.

Sent email from me at Hotmail to me at Gmail. Received at Gmail.

Replied from Gmail to Hotmail but not received at Hotmail.

A different Gmail account on a different device works OK.

I wonder if Google recognises both accounts as the one person and is doing some kind of management thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

What are the apps you using? Is it from a phone or PC/laptop? what operating system?

Did you accidentally set up a mail rule to move or block your Gmail address?

• Advertisement

Outlook app and Gmail app on android phone. Messages are not appearing in browser either. No rules set up.

A different Hotmail address worked OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Are you absolutely sure it's not blocked? Suggest you try this:

Go to https://outlook.live.com/

Sign In. Click the cog wheel (top right) for SETTINGS.

Goto MAIL -> Junk email

Under Blocked senders and domains, check if your gmail account is listed, or if you've blocked anything from @gmail.com There is a search button if the list is long.

Also, maybe try adding your address to the "Safe senders and domains"

Advertisement