Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW14 Captain?

Options
  • 28-11-2023 7:36am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Salah for me.

Or EBH.

GW14 Captain? 57 votes

Saka(WOL)
    3% 2 votes
    Isak(MUN)
    3% 2 votes
    Solanke(AST)
    0% 0 votes
    Watkins(bou)
    1% 1 vote
    Jackson(BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(FUL)
    57% 33 votes
    EBH(TOT)
    31% 18 votes
    Son(mci)
    0% 0 votes
    Other - Mention in thread.
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pretty happy to go against Haaland this time and go Salah instead

Leno’s xGC is 1.84

Vicario’s is 1.58

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Would Mbeumo not be a good option against Luton?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Voted Salah but I'm tempted by Haaland.

Up against a high Spurs line and most likely Ben Davies & Emerson in CB against Haaland.

Spurs have a great H2H record v City recently but this is a different more attacking, open Spurs side. Think there will be lots of goals.

Haaland at home is so much better than him playing away.

I fancy Haaland to outscore Salah but only just.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Because Liverpool's home record is brilliant this season (won every game in all comps, and won each game by at least 2+ goals), I was set on Salah as captain.

But then he scored last night, which takes him up to 199 goals for Liverpool. And Salah loves those personal records, so to get to 200 at Anfield will make him happy, and always knows when he is about to break records, which then comes out in the celebration. He generally takes his jersey off! Which results in a booking. He has received 7 yellow cards in the PL for Liverpool in 7 seasons. 4 of those have been for 'over celebrating' with the jersey off after he has broken a record, or it's been a very big goal. (Man Utd twice, Crystal Palace & Southampton)

So basically I think that if you are captaining Salah because he will score, you're also accepting 2 points missing because of the yellow card. Does he then make up enough points elsewhere to justify captaining over Haaland, or is this -1 (*2) ok as it's just leveling off the goal points with Haaland who only receives 4 for scoring anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lecter8319

Isak 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Salah for triple captain anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just pray it's too cold for him to whip off the jersey!

I don't want to advocate gambling but I've had a rare flutter on Salah scoring first and getting booked also!

He can leave the under armour on!!

Gonna go with Salah in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

Let's hope they both get 16 points again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Gusser09

You'd be mad to bet against Halaand

Its gone wrong a few times this year for people. I'll stick with him and make a decent differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I went with Salah in the end. Always the fear that Haaland makes me regret that but my FPL approach has always been to choose based on the fixtures and Salah has the better fixture.

Advertisement