Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life in the Irish Air Corps - what's it like?

Options
  • 27-11-2023 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

With the recent enlistments underway, I've been seriously considering joining the Irish Air Corps in my mid twenties.

I'm working in IT and from home these past few years, but recently I've felt burnt out from all things technology and computer screens and programming etc. I just want to get away from all that stuff altogether after working in it for a decade+

What's life like in the Air Corps really? Everything I've read online about the army in general has been vastly negative from government cuts and moudly army barracks with rat infestations. Is that true?

What's the work/life balance? Do men still have to cut their hair military short? I'm thinking of changing my religion to Rastafarian if that's the case, I don't want to lose my sexy masculine dark long hair.

Advertisement