Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Cinema Luxury screen

Options
  • 27-11-2023 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

The website itself doesn’t have any details and there is a thread about it but from 10 years ago so maybe it has changed

is the screen small? Are the seats just regular cinema seats or recliners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Why not phone the cinema and ask them?????

But as we're here now- small screen but you're close. Seats are wider, recline, foot rest when reclining, more drink holders, 'private' toilet just for that screen.

TBH, all regular seats are extremly comfortable & have good leg room nowadays I find. A luxury screen would really have stood out 20 years ago but nowadays not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

seats are decent and don't recline. think about a comfortable 2 seat couch. screen is size is not big... more average but decent as well.

salthill omniplex is the new standard these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Because I would rather ask people here and get some opinions.

isn’t that one of the reasons boards.ie exists ?

I honestly cannot find any reason why this thread would bother someone.

I have never been uncomfortable on regular seats and I’m not interested in recliners so that is good.

I know it is a laser projector so that is something new for me to see.

Salthill film times never seem to work out with bus times. Are their screens luxury seating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Homelander

Salthill is excellent. All the seats are luxury, basically every screen is like a luxury screen elsewhere.

Luxury screen in the Eye is fine. Seats are much better and more comfortable than standard seats, screen is average though it's a much cosier screen in general and no seats are that far from the screen unlike some other smaller normal screens.

Also had its own bathrooms which are very time-saving if you're caught in the middle of a movie.

I wouldn't specifically pay more for it, but if a movie is only showing in the luxury screen, I don't mind the few euro extra.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

The showtime in the luxury screen in Eye is the only one that would suit with the bus times. I want to sit back and watch rather than have to leg it for the bus.

Salthill is too far out but from what I heard about the luxury it sounds liked I’d be asleep before the ads even began. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

they have beds there too along with the recliner seats..... :D

i read about beds in a cinema recently although I thought I was just remembering a dream

Advertisement